Tuesday 4 August 2015

Wrap up

I went to a class at Sew Over It and made this:


This is a wrap blouse made of a printed cotton lawn I bought at Classic Textiles.

I found this - dare I say - fairly easy. I certainly finished before anyone else, though I'm sure the others were being a lot less haphazard than me. Especially on the overlocker. The overlocker was scary and I just wanted to get done and get away from it.



The problem with this top is that I can't really wear it. Because it's so high-waisted, it looks strange with all the trousers I own and gives me massive disproportionate hips (which I do have, but I'm not really looking to emphasise that, you know?). If I'd realised that I'd be wanting to use it more as a cardigan-type thing to wear with dresses, I'd have tried to find a different fabric - this colour is surprisingly awkward and goes with absolutely nothing else that I own. But there is a whole world of sewing ahead of me, and one day I will find and make a proper companion for Weird Pink-Orange Rose Top.


Your time will come, Weird Rose Top. It will come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment