Thursday 6 August 2015

actual usefulness

This is version two of my wrap top: 



I made this from a lightweight navy crepe I got for £2.99 in the remnant bin at Rolls and Rems. I bought the remnant long before I signed up to the class and at the time I had no idea what I was going to do with it. I'm very glad that remnant and pattern found each other. 


I'm wearing it with my favourite Joy dress here (dresses with pockets! Why don't all dresses have pockets??)

This is the most useful thing I've made so far. It works really well as a cover-up over dresses, and it gives me hope that I'm headed towards being able to throw out my cropped black hoodie, which is nearly twenty years old and literally falling to pieces. 


Pictured: ZOMBIE HOODIE

Check out those cuffs. This top doesn't serve all the same purposes as the hoodie, but if I carry on this way, I should be able to make a couple more things that cover all the bases and then I can put this poor undead thing to rest, finally.


Here it is with jeans. I don't really intend to wear it like this very much, but it's nice to know it's an option. 


Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment