Sunday 2 August 2015

the lazy skirt

Today I don't feel like sewing anything...


I made this from the shirred fabric I mentioned in my first fabric shopping post. It took me literally three minutes - two minutes to cut the fabric down and one minute to sew one seam straight up the back. 


I matched the print up and everything!

I know this is meant to be a dress fabric, but frankly, I have too much boob for that sort of dress. I don't see the point of lazy, easy dresses that require complicated underwear arrangements. It's very comfortable as a skirt, though it's super high-waisted and if I don't pull a top down over it I look a bit like one of those crinoline doll loo roll covers.


Erk. I like super high waists to wear, but maybe we shouldn't end on this note.


Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment