Monday 28 March 2016

Tiramisu, part two

I'm not sure why it took me so long to make another version of the Tiramisu, because it's amazing.


Look at that skirt. LOOK AT IT. 


This is an incredibly soft jersey that I bought in Bristol, and my original plan was to make Vogue 6815 in jersey, omitting lining and zip. I'd still like to do that, but I really wanted a dress made from this fabric and I didn't really want to use it up on an experiment. So I went for something that I know works.



(Please excuse my terrifyingly white face. There was this unfamiliar bright thing in the sky at the time.)

Construction was more or less the same as my first Tiramisu. I went down a size in the waist, because I'm a size smaller in the waist now (not anywhere else, though. Sometimes my figure looks like a cartoon), and I used clear elastic rather than stay tape in the shoulder seams because the itchy stay tape is my least favourite thing about my purple Tiramisu.


This dress is a perfect fit and I think it's fabulous. It's got a 40s vibe that I really enjoy, and I can (and do) wear it basically anywhere. One of my favourite things I've made so far.



(Burlesque class update: less than two weeks until the triumphant debut of Amber Moon! Erk.)

I do wonder why I see this dress on sewing blogs all the time, but rarely anything else from Cake Patterns. I love how this dress is constructed, but when I've searched their other patterns, most of the reviews have been middling to poor, or good reviews from people employed by Cake Patterns. Maybe at some point I'll feel inspired to experiment with another one of their patterns, but I don't want another ARGH just yet.


What I do want is another Tiramisu, and once I work out exactly how to deal with this strange black and sort-of yellow sort-of-animal print border fabric I have, there will be another Tiramisu. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment