Saturday 23 April 2016

Me Made May

Through reading basically all the sewing blogs ever, I have been made aware that Me Made May is a thing. This will be the first one I've ever been able to do, and I'm going to do it. So I got Instagram, because that's where it happens and where all the sewing people are in general (follow me @the_slapdash should you be so inclined).

I intend for this to serve three purposes:

1. The obvious intended purpose of getting me to wear stuff I made every day
2. Building the habit of taking photos every day
3. Providing a record at the end which I can look back over and see what I wear most and how

I did the pledge thing, which is as follows:

"I, Jen of Sewing and Slapdashery and @the_slapdash, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to wear at least one item of handmade clothing each day for the duration of May 2016."

I'm planning to post my photos on Instagram daily and in consolidated weekly posts here, and also write a whole bunch of dreary analysis on style and wardrobe gaps because you know I like that.

I hope this will be good. Clothes, analysis, and the opportunity to indulge in a little shallow narcissism? I have high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment