Monday 6 June 2016

SNYPH review

January and February, it's your turn!

1. Cordova


I cannot wear this jacket with anything except this pair of jeans. It really annoys me, because I love the black and white with the bright blue SO MUCH, but I hate the way it looks with everything because it's so boxy. I do get a decent amount of wear out of it with this one pair of jeans, though. 

2. 1940s wrap dress


Love the idea, dress is too static to wear. 

3. Appleton


This is so goddamn useful and I love it. The one problem I have is that it doesn't wrap over quite far enough because my hips are so much bigger than my waist, so next time (and there will be a next time) I'll probably change the shape of the skirt a little. 

4. Holly


I'll be honest with you, I've already got rid of these - for some reason they never quite felt right when I tried to put them on. I don't think this is my wide leg trouser pattern. 

Best: Appleton
Worst: Actually difficult to say; a case could be made for any of the other three (Cordova: pattern, 1940s dress: unwearable fabric, Holly: already thrown out)
Remake? Definitely the Appleton, probably the 1940s dress, almost certainly not the other two
Biggest problem: Fit and finishing

No comments:

Post a Comment