Thursday 2 June 2016

Me Made May week four

Final collage!



(I am wearing, left to right and top to bottom: Colette Wren skirt; Liberty jersey mash-up top; Gertie cropped sweater and Sew Over It tulip skirt; Cake Patterns Tiramisu dress; self-drafted (ish) silk T-shirt and Sew Over It tulip skirt; By Hand London Anna dress; silk T-shirt and slightly different Sew Over It London tulip skirt; Gertie cropped sweater and patternless miniskirt; Jennifer Lauren Vintage Bronte top and Sew Over It tulip skirt)

Me Made May is finally over, and I'm actually quite sad about it. Much as trying to find something to wear and make myself look presentable enough for a photo stressed me out some days, I found it a super useful and enjoyable exercise and I'm going to miss doing it. I think I'm going to attempt to keep Instagramming makes/outfits a few times a week so I don't forget how to put myself together, and also because I have actual Instagram followers now and I'd like to keep sharing with them.

Week four observations:

1. A large proportion of things I wore here were made in the past two weeks.
2. I suddenly skewed massively vintage - and also massively blue - and I'm not quite sure why.
3. More dresses would have been really helpful.
4. I got way more ruthless and threw several things away before I'd finished making them.
5. Running out of garments meant a LOT more mixing and matching.
6. At the beginning of the month I apportioned some clothes as my "back-up" items and I have worn exactly none of them.
7. I'm genuinely not sure how I'll get dressed now that the challenge restrictions have been lifted.

There is YET ANOTHER post to come with all my long-winded analysis and planning in it, because I'm not ready to let go yet. Hooray for Me Made May, and I hope I'm able to do more challenge things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment