Thursday 13 October 2016

SSSHH review

I forgot to do this at the start of the month, so we're doing it now. May and June, several months later. I'm not including my grandmother's jacket because a) I don't have a photo and b) reviewing something I haven't seen since August is a bit pointless. She claims she still likes it, that's good enough.

Wedding guest dress (both versions)


[Anna/Butterick 4443] One of my favourite things I've ever made. I want to keep it as an occasion dress, but I wear it whenever there is an occasion. 


[Anna] This will definitely get less wear than the other dress because the material is so thin, but I still really like it. I might actually try and wear it to a christening this month.

Doris


This has gone already. I still like the idea of the dress, but I need to sort out the fit on the bodice and make it out of something less... annoying. Maybe if they release a sleeve add-on I'll try making one for winter. 

Shit-ton of stashbusting


[tulip skirt and cropped sweater] I still like and wear both of these, the skirt particularly. 


[cropped sweater] This has gone. The fabric was too much of a pain in the arse and it didn't go with anything. 


[tulip skirt] One of my current favourite things to wear. 


[cropped sweater, Jesus I was a one-trick pony this spring] Gone, because it's clearly a trainwreck. I had about two weeks of being obsessed with florals and I hated almost all of it when I came back to my senses. 


[bodice block adaptation] I still like this top, though I do wish it wasn't quite so short. 

Best: Anna/Butterick mash-up
Worst: Doris
Remake? Probably everything, if I can get some sleeves for a winter Doris
Biggest problem: Fabric choice

No comments:

Post a Comment