Thursday 1 September 2016

Vintage Autumn Clothing Collection (VACC)

So! It is September, and I am in my completely beautiful new flat, which I love in every way except for the bit where it doesn't have any internet. The internet people of course cannot send us internet paraphernalia for another two weeks, so I am getting what little access I can by tethering Patrick's phone to my laptop for short periods. I'm going to continue with posting once a week until we have working internet, whereupon I shall bombard you with ALL THE THINGS. For now, have my list of slightly complicated autumn projects, and the customary Simpsons gif.



1. A pair of trousers

We are coming into autumn, which means that if I want to keep wearing me-made stuff as often as I have been, I need to get a grip on this whole trouser thing. I'm aiming for a pair of really well-fitting trousers, but I'll settle for a pair of wearable trousers and a good understanding of what alterations I need to make. I'm going to use the Sewaholic Thurlow pattern, which seems to be tailored exactly to my particular needs, and some grey suiting fabric which I bought mostly because the label said "Cods Wallop".

2. A 1940s wrap dress

I'm dying to have one of these I can actually wear after dreaming about this pattern for so long. I haven't picked my fabric yet but I want to keep it quite simple - either a deep solid colour, a monochrome pattern or possibly just plain black.

3. A birthday present for my mum

Since money is a bit of a thing at the moment, I told my mum we'd go fabric shopping and I'd make whatever she'd like from what we bought. She picked two things, because why not take advantage if you can, right? I'm making her a slightly elongated Colette Selene skirt, and a Simplicity 1467 jacket. I'm not completely sure about the timeline for these, but given that she's already had her birthday I'd like to get at least one of them made in September.

4. A 1920s coat and cape

This is kind of a cheat because I've already started, but I'd like some motivation to get it finished. The patterns is McCall's Archive Collection 7259, which consists of a coat part and a cape part. I started the coat part back in June and I've just acquired some more of the fabric for the cape. It is bright purple and I am going to look gloriously ridiculous.

Next up: some actual new garment photos in front of my massive goddamn palm tree. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment